Making the right choice of the little things make a big difference in the overall design. Do you believe this?
This is especially true in case of choosing a toilet seat. Undoubtedly, your toilet seat should complement your bathroom decor.
Although, choosing a toilet seat is just a matter of personal taste and opinion, but if you don’t know how to choose the right one, you must be regretting the purchase.
Relax, it’s not that complicated.
We’re here to help you. No purchase decision is difficult if you know the factors to consider. With the advancements in technology, nowadays toilet seats offer more options than ever before. However, the following guidelines on “How to choose a toilet seat” will help you to make the right choice.
You may also like to read: Differences Between ADA & Non-ADA Height Toilets
How to Choose a Toilet Seat- Buying Guidelines
Things will be simple if you know “HOW TO”, right?
For this reason, we’re here to give you very simple guidelines to buy the right toilet and toilet seat. Just read that on toiletrated!
Toilet Seat Buying Questionaire
Before hitting the hardware store to buy a toilet seat, the following questionnaires will help to get you started.
- Is the toilet seat for kids, guest or master bathroom? If it is for the guest or master bathroom, look for a seat with advanced features like air freshener or a nightlight.
- Looking for a spa experience for your bathroom?
- Looking for a special comfort and cleaning? Cleansing seats with bidet functionality can be great.
- Looking for unique seats that are easier to use for both adults and toddlers? If potty training for your kids is an upcoming or current issue, a unique seat may be a better option.
There are many factors to consider when you’re choosing a toilet seat. However, the following three factors you should take into account to get the desire toilet seat.
- Select What Types Of Toilet Seat You Like To Buy
Decide what types of toilet seat you want.
Let’s have a look at different types of the toilet seats.
- Easy to install toilet seat– These come with two bolts, metal or plastic. These are easy to install into the top of the toilet bowl just at the back side of the seat. You need to simply pop the bolts in and fix the nut just below the rim and you’re done.
- Not easy to install toilet seat- These are smooth side toilets. The sides extend all the way to the back wall. You’ll need expansion bolts or plugs to install these types of seats.
- Regular slam close toilet seat – These are the common type of toilet seats. You need to grab the seat from both sides to close the cover which isn’t desirable to some people.
- Slow Close or whisper close toilet seat– This is one of the recent additions of toilet seats. These types of the seat allow the user to individually close either the seat or the lid or close both at the same time. No need to hold onto the seat.
- Bidet toilet seat- If space is a concern in your bathroom, bidet toilet seat is very convenient for you. These types of the toilet seats are best for improved personal hygiene.
- Heated toilet seat– Imagine the shock of dropping down onto a cold toilet seat in the middle of the night. Do you like it? Who likes?
The heated toilet seat is the best option for you if warmth is a big concern.
These toilet seats offer not only the comfort but also the convenience of night light.
- Light toilet seats– Like to be awakened in the middle of the night by the glare of bathroom lights? If your reply is “NO”, consider the light toilet seats. These types of toilet seats come with built-in LED night light and operate on “AA” batteries. Don’t need to be worried about the power cord.
- Determine the Shape and Size of Toilet Seat
You don’t need to be worried about the sizes of your toilet seat. They are all the same, only the oblong/ elongated seats are longer. However, some square shape toilet seats are also available.
To find the exact match toilet seat, you just need to know the shape of your toilet pan. Before hitting the shop to buy your desirable toilet seat, take the following measurements of your toilet bowl/ pan.
- The distance between the center of the fixing bolt holes of the toilet.
- The width of the toilet bowl at its widest point.
- The distance the toilet bowl sticks out from the wall.
- Choose the Material and Finish
You have the options to choose from wood, plastic or a cushioned toilet seat. Plastic seats are available in various colors. Plastic toilet seats are very cold in winter. On the other hand, natural wood seats are relatively warm. Cushioned seats are soft and nice, but tend to crack over time.
If you’re looking for an extra hygienic boost, toilet seat with antibacterial finishes are good options for you. These types of seats are finished with a special material that provides an added layer of protection.
Buying the right toilet seat isn’t a difficult task at all if you follow our guidelines. In fact, there is no special way to choose.
However, before making your final choice, you should be certain that your toilet seat is compatible with your toilet in terms of style, size, and color. Also, take into consideration the added comfort and convenience.
Hope our guidelines have helped you a lot to choose the right toilet seat for your bathroom.
Pick the best toilet seat that complements your bathroom decor.
You can also read: